New! – THE ADVENTURES OF STICK PEOPLE ON CARS
“It turns out LB Sedlacek is one of the most prolific writers of our time. I hardly had time to finish breakfast before two more poetry collections slipped into my omelet. In her latest, The Adventures of Stick People on Cars, you’ll be surprised how much flesh a stick figure can have. These poems, physically thin on the page, are wide with sentiment and even experiment. Take the marriage of what could be separate poems in the blended lines of “Magnificent Bully” as two seemingly separate stories collide together in an almost ekphrastic euphoria. In The adventures of Stick people…, you’ll miss LB’s dad right along with her. You’ll turn every page before your first cup of coffee becomes nostalgia. Watch out for bears.” ~Rick Lupert, author of Hunka Hunka Howdee! and God Wrestler: A Poem for Every Torah Portion
Pocahontas Doesn’t Live in Pocahontas County: West Virginia Poems
Pocahontas County, West Virginia is the subject of the poems in this book. The book is divided into Winter and Summer with poems about how different this scenic spot is up in the wilds and mountains of West Virginia. Poems visit Slatyfork, the Radio Astronomy Center, winter sports, and more. This is your outdoor guide to poetry (with a little bit of indoors thrown in too) to life in this part of West Virginia!
New! – THE ARCHITECT OF FRENCH FRIES
“I have been a fan of LB Sedlacek’s work since I discovered her through Poetry Superhighway several years ago, and The Architect of French Fries may be her best work yet. Lean and by turns warm, salty and with a perfect sprinkling of crispy humor, her poems never fail to satisfy and keep you coming back for more.” – John Burroughs
THINGS TO DO ON VACATION IN FLORIDA WITH YOUR DOG
I always hate leaving our pets at home when we travel. Last year, our dog sitter cancelled – it was the holidays and we had no choice but to take our family pet with us. Our dog was thrilled to be taken along. Since he was a pup, our dog has learned to travel with us. He is a good little travel buddy. No matter where we are, he always makes sure to keep his pack together! These poems are dog friendly, pet friendly odes to what we did on vacation with our dog – it’s amazing the things you can find an experience once your parameters are changed to ones that must include (or must love) dogs! Woof, woof!
POETRY IN LA 2: LA vs LA
Return to more poems about LA, Lenoir Area, in this second book featuring poetry from the Facebook page, @poetryinla. This time poems cover our local arts scene such as our murals and the famous Dirt Circle (“Across the Grain” sculpture by Thomas Sayre.) Poems go back in time to what our area was originally known as “Tuckers Barn” and to days of local raw honey and homemade molasses, the old Blue Bell plant and Lenoir High School. Current outdoor sculptures as well a local popular fresco get a nod in this second book, a sequel to “Poetry in LA – Only in LA (LA Poems)” published last year, 2017. There’s also a follow up to the poem “Hibriten Mountain” from the first book with the new poem “Mill Mountain to Hibriten Mountain.” If you enjoyed the first book “Only in LA,” you’ll want to read the follow up book with the new poems, too!
FROM FINISHING LINE PRESS: WORDS AND BONES
“Words and Bones” new from Finishing Line Press comes out this summer. “You’d never think a skeleton is a complete person. I would have said the same thing about a poem until LB Sedlacek‘s “Words and Bones” came along. It’s a work which truly strips its poems down to their bare bones with all the un-necessary words nowhere to be found, leaving a manuscript of complete and wonderfully brief pieces…” ~Rick Lupert, author of “God Wrestler”
The book is $13.99. Include $2.99 per copy for shipping and handling. Please mail all orders with a check payable to Finishing Line Press at PO Box 1626 Georgetown KY 40324 or order online: Order “Words and Bones” by LB Sedlacek
This is a chapbook with travel poems from a trip to the North Carolina coast, Ocean Isle, Sunset Beach, Bald Head Island, and to the South Carolina beaches, Myrtle, North Myrtle, Cherry Grove. It’s adventure I seek whenever I take a trip. Some of the adventures are mainstream and well some are not! The best part of planning is not to make a plan! That’s how you have the best adventures! It’s great for me to just be by or near the ocean, the water and the sounds of the waves are so soothing. Please join in this new poetical ocean adventure with me!
POETRY IN LA: ONLY IN LA
Poetry about L.A. (east in North Carolina). These poems are taken from the FB page, Poetry in LA (@poetryinla) created by LB Sedlacek. Poems are about Hibriten Mountain, the annual Sculpture Fest, the annual Blackberry Festival, Wilson Creek, Highways 18 and 90, the antique car shows, old buildings, and the general way of life in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountain area that locals fondly call “LA.” for Lenoir Area.
- Constellate – Chapbook or Ebook
- Paperback-Hey Astro!
- E-book-Hey Astro!
- E-book – “Infra Dig (It’s a Chemical Life)”
- Book – “Infra Dig (It’s a Chemical Life)”
- NEW: How to be a Lifeguard in 12 Easy Steps – Ebook or How to be a Lifeguard in 12 Easy Steps – Chapbook
- Mars or Bust Ebook – $3
- Mars or Bust Chapbook – $5 plus S&H
- Only in LA (LA Poems) – Ebook or Only in LA (LA Poems) – Book
- Red Headed Eskimos – Chapbook
- Spy Techniques – Kindle
- The Cat and the Carroll A Deering and Other North Carolina Poems – Kindle
- Train Rides Here (Poems from the Train) – Book or Ebook
- Tuesday is Wednesday, Vol. 1 – Chapbook or Tuesday is Wednesday, Vol. 1 – Kindle
New! – CACKALACKA
Charleston Silver was just an ordinary boy, an ice runner on Lake James in North Carolina, or what was left. He’d never known what life without ice looked like, none of them did, they’d heard of it but none of them were really sure it ever existed at least not in this corner of western of North Carolina. He stuck to the ice and running. Lake James, when it wasn’t frozen, in places went as deep as 125 feet. Everything was solid ice even the trees were solid blocks of tall frozen ice. None of them, none of this part of North Carolina knew the sun. Join Charleston and his crew: Goldsboro, Columbia, Richmond, Wilmington, Jacksonville aka Jackson, and New Bern as they discover what put this particular part of the south, western North Carolina, entirely frozen and in need of the sun. Do you dare to play the game, the game of Cackalacka?
- From The Mixed Up Mind of a Real Live Genius – Fiction Novella
- Juliet’s Whiskey Rules and Other Unusual Short Stories
- Sugar Cubes & Other Stories – Short Stories – Kindle
- NEW: The E.P. Hunting Club – Prequel – “The Test Message” – Kindle
- NEW: The E.P. Hunting Club – Prequel “The Test Message” – Book
- The E.P. Hunting Club – Book One “The Poem Code” – Kindle
- The E.P. Hunting Club – Book One “The Poem Code”– Book
- NEW: The E.P. Hunting Club – Book Two “Redshift” – Kindle
- The Glass River – mystery novel – Book
- The Mailbox of the Kindred Spirit – Book or Kindle
- The Red Brick Dust Sky – Kindle
- NEW: Traveling with Fish – Book or Kindle
- The Catnip Gene – non-fiction – Kindle
- NEW: Electric Melt: (How to Write, Publish, Read Walt Whitman and Survive as a Writer and Poet) – Book or Kindle
- NEW: Own the Zone: Mom Lifeguard! – Book or Kindle
- NEW: Things to Cook in the Kitchen with Your Dog
THE POET’S SURVIVAL GUIDES
- The Poet’s Survival Guide 1 “How to Write and Make $ with your Poetry” – Kindle
- The Poet’s Survival Guide 1 “How to Write and Make $ with your Poetry” – Book
- The Poet’s Survival Guide 2 “In the Trenches” – Kindle
- The Poet’s Survival Guide 2 “In the Trenches” – Book
- The Poet’s Survival Guide 3 “Back to Boot Camp” – Book
- NEW: The Poet’s Survival Guide 4 “Active Duty” – Kindle