New! – “Things to do on Vacation in Florida with your Dog”
I always hate leaving our pets at home when we travel. Last year, our dog sitter cancelled – it was the holidays and we had no choice but to take our family pet with us. Our dog was thrilled to be taken along. Since he was a pup, our dog has learned to travel with us. He is a good little travel buddy. No matter where we are, he always makes sure to keep his pack together! These poems are dog friendly, pet friendly odes to what we did on vacation with our dog – it’s amazing the things you can find an experience once your parameters are changed to ones that must include (or must love) dogs! Woof, woof!
New! – “Poetry in LA, 2: LA vs LA”
Return to more poems about LA, Lenoir Area, in this second book featuring poetry from the Facebook page, @poetryinla. This time poems cover our local arts scene such as our murals and the famous Dirt Circle (“Across the Grain” sculpture by Thomas Sayre.) Poems go back in time to what our area was originally known as “Tuckers Barn” and to days of local raw honey and homemade molasses, the old Blue Bell plant and Lenoir High School. Current outdoor sculptures as well a local popular fresco get a nod in this second book, a sequel to “Poetry in LA – Only in LA (LA Poems)” published last year, 2017. There’s also a follow up to the poem “Hibriten Mountain” from the first book with the new poem “Mill Mountain to Hibriten Mountain.” If you enjoyed the first book “Only in LA,” you’ll want to read the follow up book with the new poems, too!
FROM FINISHING LINE PRESS: WORDS AND BONES
“Words and Bones” new from Finishing Line Press comes out this summer. “You’d never think a skeleton is a complete person. I would have said the same thing about a poem until LB Sedlacek‘s “Words and Bones” came along. It’s a work which truly strips its poems down to their bare bones with all the un-necessary words nowhere to be found, leaving a manuscript of complete and wonderfully brief pieces…” ~Rick Lupert, author of “God Wrestler”
The book is $13.99. Include $2.99 per copy for shipping and handling. Please mail all orders with a check payable to Finishing Line Press at PO Box 1626 Georgetown KY 40324 or order online: Order “Words and Bones” by LB Sedlacek
NEW! – “Constellate”
This is a chapbook with travel poems from a trip to the North Carolina coast, Ocean Isle, Sunset Beach, Bald Head Island, and to the South Carolina beaches, Myrtle, North Myrtle, Cherry Grove. It’s adventure I seek whenever I take a trip. Some of the adventures are mainstream and well some are not! The best part of planning is not to make a plan! That’s how you have the best adventures! It’s great for me to just be by or near the ocean, the water and the sounds of the waves are so soothing. Please join in this new poetical ocean adventure with me!
“Only in LA (LA Poems)” – successfully funded on Kickstarter!
Poetry about L.A. (east in North Carolina). These poems are taken from the FB page, Poetry in LA (@poetryinla) created by LB Sedlacek. Poems are about Hibriten Mountain, the annual Sculpture Fest, the annual Blackberry Festival, Wilson Creek, Highways 18 and 90, the antique car shows, old buildings, and the general way of life in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountain area that locals fondly call “LA.” for Lenoir Area.
- Constellate – Chapbook or Ebook
- Paperback-Hey Astro!
- E-book-Hey Astro!
- E-book – “Infra Dig (It’s a Chemical Life)”
- Book – “Infra Dig (It’s a Chemical Life)”
- NEW: How to be a Lifeguard in 12 Easy Steps – Ebook or How to be a Lifeguard in 12 Easy Steps – Chapbook
- Mars or Bust Ebook – $3
- Mars or Bust Chapbook – $5 plus S&H
- Only in LA (LA Poems) – Ebook or Only in LA (LA Poems) – Book
- Red Headed Eskimos – Chapbook
- Spy Techniques – Kindle
- The Cat and the Carroll A Deering and Other North Carolina Poems – Kindle
- Train Rides Here (Poems from the Train) – Book or Ebook
- Tuesday is Wednesday, Vol. 1 – Chapbook or Tuesday is Wednesday, Vol. 1 – Kindle
- From The Mixed Up Mind of a Real Live Genius – Fiction Novella
- Juliet’s Whiskey Rules and Other Unusual Short Stories
- Sugar Cubes & Other Stories – Short Stories – Kindle
- NEW: The E.P. Hunting Club – Prequel – “The Test Message” – Kindle
- NEW: The E.P. Hunting Club – Prequel “The Test Message” – Book
- The E.P. Hunting Club – Book One “The Poem Code” – Kindle
- The E.P. Hunting Club – Book One “The Poem Code”– Book
- NEW: The E.P. Hunting Club – Book Two “Redshift” – Kindle
- The Glass River – mystery novel – Book
- The Mailbox of the Kindred Spirit – Book or Kindle
- The Red Brick Dust Sky – Kindle
- NEW: Traveling with Fish – Book or Kindle
- The Catnip Gene – non-fiction – Kindle
- NEW: Electric Melt: (How to Write, Publish, Read Walt Whitman and Survive as a Writer and Poet) – Book or Kindle
- NEW: Own the Zone: Mom Lifeguard! – Book or Kindle
- NEW: Things to Cook in the Kitchen with Your Dog
THE POET’S SURVIVAL GUIDES
- The Poet’s Survival Guide 1 “How to Write and Make $ with your Poetry” – Kindle
- The Poet’s Survival Guide 1 “How to Write and Make $ with your Poetry” – Book
- The Poet’s Survival Guide 2 “In the Trenches” – Kindle
- The Poet’s Survival Guide 2 “In the Trenches” – Book
- The Poet’s Survival Guide 3 “Back to Boot Camp” – Book
- NEW: The Poet’s Survival Guide 4 “Active Duty” – Kindle